Solar farm, Mt-Soleil
"I’m not expert on the subject but I think it’s interesting to mention a few figures about the station. This the photovoltaic system, which was for a long time the largest in Switzerland, was put into service in 1992. The silicon solar cells are spread over 20,000 m2 and directly transform the light from the sun into electricity. Annual production is 500 to 600 MWh, which corresponds to the annual needs of about 200 homes…"
Guided tour of the Mt-Soleil solar farm, every day of the year
Duration: 1 hr
Languages: French, German, English
Prices: CHF 80.00 for 10 persons then CHF 8.00 p.p. from 11 pers.
Group size: min. 6 pers.
Schools: CHF 45.00 for 15 persons then CHF 3.00 p.p. from 16 pers.
Bookings: compulsory, at least 7 days in advance
Good to know
- Opening of the new Visitor's Centre Mont-Soleil - Juvent: A showroom including several touch screens with exciting contents, a game on power, a large map of Switzerland printed on the floor, which reveals the full potential of wind and sun. These sources of energy are simulated by either a wind machine or a heating lamp. A true highlight at the visitor’s centre is the interactive hologram table in 4D on the subject of « The intelligent mountain or the art of using the forces of nature ».
- Combine this tour with a horse-drawn carriage ride and/or e-bikes.
- Hotel-restaurants situated in Mt-Soleil: Auberge Chez l'Assesseur, T. +41 (0)32 941 23 60
- Restaurant Le Manoir, T. +41 (0)32 941 23 77
Guided tours for individuals and little groups
- Sunday, 23rd of April 2017, 2 p.m.-3.30 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday, 13th-14th of May 2017, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Open house day in Mont-Soleil (free)
- Sunday, 16th of July 2017, 2 p.m.-3.30 p.m.
- Sunday, 8th of October 2017, 2 p.m.-3.30 p.m.
DownloadEspace découverte Energie 2017 | PDF, 11.86 MB
Address Information and reservation
BKW FMB Energie
T. +41 (0) 844 121 123