1150 years Sonceboz-Sombeval
03.03.2016 – 10.12.2016
The first time the town Sombeval was mentioned in a written text, was in 866, in a document where King Lothaire II, King of Lorraine, affirms to the Abbey of Moutier-Grandval that he has possessions in many sites. Sombeval was then cited as “Summavalis” and was considered as a farm having a chapel. In 1148, this farm became a town and even had a court of justice. It is worth noting that Sombeval was still paying a tithe to the convent of Moutier at that time.
The township of Sonceboz-Sombeval has decided to celebrate this birthday with a rich program of festivities throughout the whole year of 2016. Some manifestations will be in common with the town of Tavannes who also finds its roots in that same year.
- Thursday, 10th of March: Conference: Looking back at the village’s history.
- Saturday 30th of April: Choral of the Bas-Vallon festival.
- Saturday 28th of May: Villagers Day
- Sunday 29th of May: Grand Prize Caisse d’Epargne CEC
- Saturday 11th of June: Jazz festival at the sawmill
- Sunday 31st of July and Monday 1st of August: Petanque tournament, fireworks, Brunch for the 1st of August.
- Saturday 13th of August: Flee market and booksellers
- Friday and Saturday 26th and 27th of August: Medieval supper.
- Saturday and Sunday 27th and 28th of August: Marketplace for the 1150 birthday.
- Sunday 4th September: ecumenical ceremony
- Friday and Saturday 16th and 17th of September: Winds Festival
- Sunday 18th of September: Campfire barbecue at Pierre Pertuis in association with the town of Tavannes
- Sunday 25th of September: Culinary hiking tour
- Saturday 10th of December: Christmas Market
Président du comité d’organisation du 1150ème
Rue des Prés 5
T. +41 (0) 79 410 92 31