“It is a hilly plateau with a harsh climate, ideal for cross-country skiing. Alongside the track that leads through the pastures stand majestic fir trees, their branches weighed down by so much snow. Farms are the only colourful feature of the scenery. The sun is shining and the cold North wind is biting my face, prompting me to quicken my pace. I glide with pleasure through this fairy-tale scenery, then later, a little exhausted, I find myself at a farm restaurant, enjoying an aperitif with dried Bison meat, Tête de Moine cheese and a nice bottle of white wine from La Neuveville, Lake of Biel."
Circuit de la Babylone
1.5 km classic
1.5 km skating
Accessible to all
Good to know
- Ask for the Mt-Soleil - Mt-Crosin - Franches-Montagnes wintersport region brochure at Jura bernois Tourisme, St-Imier.
- Opening times, piste condition / download snow report or call T. 0900 556 900 / (CHF -.50 per call/CHF -.50/min.).
- So we can keep the trails perfectly groomed, please get a "ski de fond" pass. Tickets to access the cross-country skiing pistes are available from Jura bernois Tourisme, St-Imier.
- Buvette Les Sorbiers, closed Mondays. T. +41 (0) 32 941 35 84.
- Métairie La Combe à la Biche, closed Thursdays from the 1st of November and closed Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 19h (open on request). T. +41 (0) 32 961 11 48.
- Respect to protect: www.respect-to-protect.ch
DownloadWinter booklet | PDF, 2.30 MB
X-country skiing map, Franches-Montagnes and Mt-Soleil - Mt-Crosin | PDF, 7.14 MB
Jura bernois Tourisme
St-Imier et région
Place de la Gare 2
T. +41 (0) 32 942 39 42