“It was a Sunday in late November and there had been a huge amount of snow, which is quite rare at this time of year. How could I resist the appeal of nature over there, just a few km away? So off I went. Once there, I saw that the pistes had just been prepared, so it was time to get going. After a few minutes the sky clouded over, so I wrapped up a little warmer. Then the snow started to fall again and I was alone in the middle of it all, surrounded by the calm reassurance of nature...”
14 km classic
14 km skating
Good to know
- Ask for the Montagnes neuchâteloises wintersport region brochure at Jura bernois Tourisme, St-Imier.
- Opening times, piste condition / download snow report or call T. 0900 556 900 / (CHF -.50 per call/CHF -.50/min.).
- To ensure the maintenance of the runs, please obtain a "cross-country skiing" voucher. Tickets to access the cross-country skiing pistes are available from Jura bernois Tourisme, St-Imier.
- Restaurant la Bonne Auberge, Les Bugnenets. Closed Mondays and Tuesdays. T. +41 (0) 32 853 24 52.
- Buvette du Bec à l'Oiseau. Open from October to end of April. Closed Thursday evening from 18h. T. +41 (0) 32 853 18 41.
- Respect to protect: www.respect-to-protect.ch
DownloadWinter booklet | PDF, 2.30 MB
Winter activities and events | PDF, 1.62 MB
Montagnes neuchâteloises wintersport region brochure | PDF, 6.04 MB
Jura bernois Tourisme
St-Imier et région
Place de la Gare 2
T. +41 (0) 32 942 39 42