Discovery path, Mt-Soleil - Mt-Crosin
“Here I am, setting off towards Mt-Crosin to see the wind turbines. Standing like sentinels, they seem close by but I know that I will need to pedal further to reach them. I like to remember the interesting guided tour I had here last summer with my friends from the basket ball club. The beauty of the wild and varied landscape made of high plateaus, pastures, meadows and limestone cliffs is amazing. The trail is a joy and fills me with energy time and time again.”
Route: Mt-Crosin - Mt-Soleil
Distance: 4 km
Gradient: 100 m
Good to know
- A discovery path links the wind turbines at Mt-Crosin to the solar power station at Mt-Soleil in a playful and enjoyable way.
- The route is dotted with a dozen signposts covering topics related to energy, nature, landscape, agriculture and tourism.
- Guided tours in English of the Mt-Soleil solar power plant and Mt-Crosin wind power plant.
- Bicycle, trottinett, Segway and electric bicycle rentals at the mountain station of the funicular St-Imier - Mt-Soleil. In winter, snow-shoe rentals.
- Picnic spots, fireplaces along the path.
- Option to book a brunch/aperitif of local products from Erika Fahrni.
- CJ buses Mt-Crosin to St-Imier and Mt-Crosin to Tramelan.
DownloadCycling and e-biking paradise | PDF, 40.95 MB
Espace Découverte Energie 2017 | PDF, 11.86 MB
Jura bernois Tourisme
St-Imier et région
Place de la Gare 2
T. +41 (0) 32 942 39 42