Hiking circuit (Le Pichoux-Chapelle des Chèvres - Sur la Côte-Le Pichoux)
« As a history teacher, I have always been interested in the Anabaptists, who emigrated to the Bernese Jura. By doing the walk of the Goats’ Chapel, I discovered a bit more about this community and made it a topic for my next lecture. »
- Public transport: by bus to « Sornetan, Le Pichoux ». Then follow the path down 500 m until you reach point 728 (see itinerary attached).
- By private car to point 728, parking spaces available nearby.
- Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes approx.
- Distance : 3.5 km
- Gradient: 220 m (2x, ascent and descent)
Good to know
- The walk is not suited for pushchairs.
- The ascent is signposted from the bottom by white indicators with a green « Chapelle des Chèvres» logo.
- At the bottom of the cave, a commemorative plaque reads « Place of worship in the 17th and 18th centuries during religious unrest. To the Lord the earth and that which is in it, the world and those who dwell therein. Psalm 24. Swiss Mennonite Conference ». The cave contains two inscriptions of the year (1779)
- The Auberge sur la Côte is closed on Wednesdays.
- The descent follows the walking trail Le Pichoux and offers a beautiful view. The downhill path is very steep and relatively narrow, but not dangerous.