Orval, Pontenet (route No.864)
“It was a beautiful, hot day. Setting off from Pontenet, we had already chatted and laughed a lot, but as we began to pedal, we fell silent again. I was pleased to see how much effort we were all making. Our reward came with a break at the smokery in Champoz. It is a magical place, almost timeless, and the scents that it gives off are a real treat. We then carried on through forests and pastures amid the wonderful summer scenery.”
Itinerary: Pontenet - Champoz - Pâturage de Mt Girod - Bergerie - Court - Pâturage de l'Envers - Les Orvales - Les Rosiers - Pontenet
Distance: 22 km
Gradient: approx. 400 m
Good to know
- Shortcut (difficult) - Pâturage de Mt Girod - Court - Forêt de l'Envers - Pâturage de l'Envers - Les Orvales - Les Rosiers - Pontenet.
- Malleray-Bévilard: hotel, restaurants, indoor swimming pool, tennis, cinema, Catholic church (stained glass windows by Jean-François Comment).
- Champoz: restaurant, smokery.
- Court: hotel, restaurants.
- Sorvilier: restaurant, bed and breakfasts.
- The well signposted tracks are closed and not maintained during the winter season.
DownloadTechnical information about piste Nr. 864 | PDF, 528 kB
Mountainbike Trails | PDF, 6.31 MB
VELOguide Vallée de Tavannes | PDF, 10.85 MB
Jura bernois Tourisme
Av. de la Gare 9
T. +41 (0) 32 494 53 43