"To make the most of our visit, we booked a guided tour. We just had to hope for good weather. The planetarium was a revelation, and I was fascinated by the technologies used in the field of astronomy. Seeing the sky so close up really affects you. My thoughts were all jumbled up; as I learned about the technical realities".
Open all year upon reservation except over the Christmas and New Year periods. Dates of activities on www.pleiades.ch .
4 different tours available
- Delphinus (day), 1 hr, CHF 10.00/adult and CHF 5.00/child. Minimum CHF 150.00
- Eridanus (day), 1 hr 30 min., CHF 15.00/adult and CHF 8.00/child. Minimum CHF 200.00
- Taurus (evening), 1 hr 30 min., CHF 15.00/adult and CHF 8.00/child. Minimum CHF 200.00
- Sagitta (evening), 2 hrs - 2 hrs 30 min., CHF 23.00/adult and CHF 11.00/child. Minimum CHF 300.00
Good to know
- The Mt-Soleil astronomy observatory is the most recent scientific development in the Bernese Jura. With the latest technologies in the field of semi-professional visual astronomy, the observatory, with its 4.5 metre diameter planetarium, takes you on a discovery of the sky and its mysteries.
- Reservation (minimum 7 days in advance) : Astronomy courses, conferences, observations and special programmes for groups or companies are available on request.
- Languages: French, German
- Max. 25 persons per group
- For children from 10 years