"… here’s a word that suits the Bernese Jura to a T. Jonas spoke to me often about the beauty of the landscape, the diversity of the terrain, the difficulties you face when rock climbing. He told me about the pleasure of managing to overcome these difficulties, sometimes with fear in his stomach but always with the pleasure of feeling the rock, mastering his strength. Then he described the tiredness mingled with the happiness of reaching the top and enjoying the grand spectacle offered by nature."
The Bernese Jura is known for the quality of its climbing sites: Gorges de Moutier, Rochers d'Orvin, Gorges de Court, Plagne, etc.
Climbing guides and topographical maps are on sale at Jura bernois Tourisme, Av. de la Gare 9, 2740 Moutier,
T. +41 (0) 32 494 53 43.
Courtelary, children’s home
- Climbing wall open every day from 7 a.m. - 10 p.m.
- Banks, overhangs, traverses. 45 routes. Difficulty 4a to 7b.
- Groups are asked to register in advance.
La Neuveville, Club alpin
- Climbing wall in Signolet gymnasium, accessible to local sports clubs on request.
- Dalle du Tirage and Falaise dur rêche. Difficulty : 3B, 4C and 4A to 7C.
- Mountaineering, paragliding and climbing school.
- Beginners, advanced, family, youth and sport lessons as well as organised courses.
Tramelan, Climbing wall T'Block
- Artificial climbing wall, open on Tuesday and on Thursday from 6.30 p.m. to 9.30 p.m.
DownloadGuides de montagne et de randonnée | PDF, 25 kB
CAS - Chasseral
T. +41 (0) 32 941 22 83
2520 La Neuveville
T. +41 (0) 32 751 23 50
T. +41 (0) 79 797 36 76
T. +41 (0) 32 940 14 80
T. +41 (0) 79 286 22 55