La Courtine (route No.862)
“This ride begins in Bellelay, a village well known for its abbey and the Tête de Moine cheese. We were in a group and I knew that the day would be tough for me because the route alternates between climbs and descents in the rugged landscape of the Petit-Val and towards the mountain of Moron. We had decided to take our time, eating on the way and enjoying the beauty of a wild and extremely varied landscape. Even though I was the slowest of our group, I have no regrets, because I had a wonderful day out.”
Itinerary: Bellelay - Rebévelier - Pâture de l'Envers - Châtelat - Moron - Combe des Peux - Loveresse - Saules - Bellelay
Distance: 30 km
Gradient : 443 m
Good to know
- Bellelay: restaurant, riding center.
- Bellelay Abbey: guided tours, art exhibition in summer, organ concerts.
- Bellelay: Tête de Moine cheese museum, aperitifs and cheese tasting for groups, individual rooms and rooms for groups available.
- Fornet-Dessous: cheese dairy (Tête de Moine).
- Monible: goat farm and cheese dairy.
- Loveresse: sheepfarm, restaurants.
- Saicourt: restaurant, bed and breakfast, blade sawmill, horse riding center.
- The well signposted tracks are closed and not maintained during the winter season.
DownloadTechnical information about route Nr. 862 | PDF, 546 kB
Mountainbike Trails | PDF, 6.31 MB
Jura bernois Tourisme
Av. de la Gare 9
T. +41 (0) 32 494 53 43